3:30 today the A’s begin their 2006 American League West Championship Defense against those Seattle Mariners who we OWNED last year.
I just love this game. Baseball as a metaphor for life I say: self, community, perseverance, strategy, integrity, OBP, the brushback, the hit and run, the 100mph fastball, 12-6 Hook and long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days
My 2007 Predictions:
- West // A’s, though the Angels look pretty tough.
- Central // Minnesota has my heart, though Detroit and Cleveland could be good. And don’t we all just hope KC can get better than Junior Varsity level . . . oops was that out loud.
- East // Though certainly God is not with the Yankees or the BoSox, hard to vote against the evil empires. I am going Yankees . . . ouch.
- Wildcard // Redsox . . . ouch again, but the Los Angeles Angels of Wherever may sneak in.
- Oh I forgot, I do not acknowledge the National League.
My Baseball Memories:
- I almost cried when Kirk Gibson hit . . . the . . . sniff, sniff, sorry I can’t go on.
- Billy Beane is a GENIUS
- Athletics Nation Blog is the place to be.
- Ken Burns, "Baseball" is the AWESOME
- I could live in Cooperstown. Worth the price of a ticket!
- Three years – 40 – I will head out to get schooled at A’s Fantasy Camp.
- Hate is pretty strong, but I think even Jesus has a problem with the Yankees, Bosox and Giants. At least that is what he told me.