So today in church we talked about community as we began a series on Ephesians. At MBCC when I do the talking, we are not quite in small group, but more than half the time I am more a of conversation navigator asking questions and hoping that folks are willing to interact.
Today’s questions during random parts of the "sermon" time . . .
On Christian community
- What does the world see?
- What do you think of?
- What are the biggest obstacles to achieving healthy and vital community?
- What are core characteristics of a healthy Christian community?
You and your crazy Christian family?
- Further definitions and characteristics?
- Why do you bother to engage in Christian community?
- What do you struggle with about community: personal or corporate?
- What is the place of conflict and tension in Christian community?
- How do you see your place/role in the life of community?
But more importantly, the two videos that I used, plus two I REALLY wanted to, but couldn’t bleep out all the bad words . . . we do have SOME lines here at MBCC 😉
The Simpsons/Family Guy Religion Clip
Church Signs by Jesus Comedy
Plus two others that language and length just wouldn’t allow me to use them . . . oh well, funny though.
George Carlin on Religion