There is a hurricane going on in my head. With all the craziness of our move still not done, I have been scattered like never before. I have more piles of crap than ever, I have totally flaked on two appointments – Sorry MB and MP, I suck – church admin is lagging . . . sometimes I want to curl up in a corner and not have any responsibilities at all. Not good. Basically I have once again been reminded that despite even our best laid plans, God times is God’s time.
In any case, when my mind starts to go crazy, I forget how important it is for me to engage in my own spiritual disciplines, one of which, as you know, is blogging. So in a semi-attempt to connect even for a moment, here are my Top 10 Posts that have begun, but not yet been posted.
- A young Turk turns into an Old Fart // Musings on rebellion, change and transformation.
- Be careful what you claim // A reflection on needing to tell people about yourself in order to earn some kind of respect. STOP DOING THIS.
- Don’t be "The Man" // the games we play in order to hold, get, maintain power.
- My dilema: neologisms or portmanteux? // The art of making up words that are filled with meaning. Truthiness . . . Ginormous . . .
- What fads will be girls be into as teenagers? // Wonderings about what my daughters will be "into" as they hit the teen years. Man, I am praying for the return of the 80’s
- Ordination: right, privilege, role, gift or whatever // A look at this idea of "ordination" and leadership within a Christian Community.
- WWJD w/Porn? // A look at www.xxxchurch.com and the controversy around their ministry.
- This thing you call church // Musings on what is ambiguity of "the church community"
- I may be a JERK, but first let me prove it to you // Challenge for us to critically examine our own baggage and experiences before just assuming that another will fulfill the same negative experiences.
- Theology Game: Bible // Reflections on my approach to scripture per Heather’s game.
BONUS POST: My Grill // After catching so much slack for my man bag, shoes and hair product, I must post about my very manly man grill!
So there you have it, some, all or none of these may turn into new posts. We’ll see.