This weekend we held the final 2007 meeting of the Presbytery of San Francisco. It was a good meeting overall as far as presbytery meetings go with the most excited we got was debating whether or not to have 1 or 2 Saturday meetings next year.
At this meeting I, along with 7 others, were nominated to be commissioners to the 218th General Assembly.
The complete slate is as follows:
- Rev. Ho-Wong, Member-at-large
- Rev. Peter Whitelock, Lafayette-Orinda Presbyterian Church
- Rev. Gail Doering, Clayton Valley Presbyterian Church
- Rev. Bruce Reyes-Chow, Mission Bay Community Church, San Francisco
- Alternate: Rev. Beth Wheeler, Member-at-large
- Ernie Tan-Vicentina, First United Presbyterian Church
- Pat Griggs, First Presbyterian Church, Livermore
- Tim Hunt, Pleasanton Presbyterian Church
- Janice Kamikawa, First Presbyterian Church, Berkeley
- Alternate: Barbara Brown, First Presbyterian Church, Newark
Surprisingly there were no nominations for the floor, which is unusual for our Presbytery and bodes well for the January meeting as nominations are closed and folks will basically have to vote on the entire slate as submitted. So the first step of this whole moderator thing has begun. The vote to approve the slate and then hopefully to endorse happens on January 15, 2007 at First Presbyterian Church, Richmond. This is a change in location from previously thought. If you are interested in helping with the local "get out the vote" please let me know and someone will get in touch with you.