If you have not heard of the Bourgeois Boheminas as coined by David Brooks in his book Bobos In Paradise: The New Upper Class and How They Got There, here is just one example of a BoBo meal as manifested in lunch this weekend for one of my daughters and her friend. It would take to long to explain without you reading the book, but suffice it to say if this meal seems TOTALLY normal, you just might be a BoBo.
- Organic Seedless Grapes from local store
- Potato chips from Safeway
- 9-Grain Bread from Trader Joe’s
- Organic 100% Juice Box
- Sandwich insides: Salami and Goat Cheese
- All served on a Disney Princess plate
We may not be wealthy enough to be true Bobo’s, but yeah, we’re Bobo’s.