This AM I had the privilege of having coffee with a colleague who was in SF visiting his family. As we talked about some possibilities for church planting in an urban part of the area he serves, I suggested a few books that would be helpful for his group to read if they were seriously thinking about reaching folks who are like the wacky group of people who have found their way to MBCC.
I am sure that I have suggested these in the past, but with all the "stuff" that gets published out there, here are a few that are must-reads for anyone doing outreach in the urban, hipster, bobo mission field.
- Bobos in Paradise: The New Upper Class and How They Got There by David Brooks
- Rise of the Creative Class: And How It’s Changing Work, Leisure, Community and Everyday Life by Richard Florida
- The Cultural Creatives: How 50 Million People are Changing the World by Paul Ray and Sherry Anderson
- Naked Conversations: How Blogs are Changing the Way Businesses Talk with Customers by Robert Scoble and Shel Israel
- The LongTail Effect: Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More by Chris Anderson
- BONUS: Cities and the Creative Class by Richard Florida
- PRE-ORDER THIS ONE: Personality Not Included: Why Brands Lose their Authenticity and How Great Companies Get it Back by Rohit Bhargava