For anyone who can make this meeting, this is a great opportunity to get invovled with modern day slavery issues. This is a note from Mark Wexler who has spoken at MBCC before. I can’t be there, but hope others will help get the word out.
For those of you that have been to past meetings we have decided to completely recalibrate our focus.
I will be personally running a concise meeting with the goal of casting a vision for *action* in the Bay Area for 2008. Our hope is that 2008 will be a year in which we, as a coalition:
- continue to "map" (locate, expose, and root out) possible trafficking hotspots in the Bay Area — throughout the year we plan on conducting training seminars on how to actually "map slavery in the Bay Area", "open
- source activism" and "smart activism".
- continue to make positive in-roads into local gov’t structure and with local policymakers
- coordinate action based upon individual strengths, talents, gifts, occupational positions, and passion
- advance growth of the local network by garnering further grassroots support for prevention, intervention and, of course, survivors
I very much hope you can make it.
WHAT: 2008 Action Plan
WHERE: University of San Francisco, FROMM HALL, Broad Room (kid friendly)
WHEN: Wednesday, 2.27.08 @ 7PM
WHO: Open to anyone and everyone… Spread the word as you see fit.