What do you get when you cross a Presbyterian, a blogger and an extrovert?
You get this dorky post. Sad, just sad.
If you are a blogger, you are probably on one side or the other on the whole "Meme" thing:
Meme: a list of questions that is passed along from blogger to blogger in order to learn things about people, increase traffic and be annoying to those who never do memes 😉 Think chain letter for blogs, but without any horrible ramifications if you stop it.
Some of us NEVER do them, some will only do them if an actual friend tags us, others never met a meme they didn’t like. I am pretty much in the middle on this one. I’ll do it if it is interesting and/or a friend invites me to do it.
So . . . I thought, what about a Presbyterian Church (USA) specific Meme that would not only draw us into some conversations but also help us learn a little about one another.[MY ANSWERS]
The rules are pretty basic
- in about 25 words each, answer the following five questions;
- tag five presbyterian bloggers and send them a note to let them know they were tagged;
- be sure to link or send a trackback to this post;
- What is your earliest memory of being distinctly Presbyterian?
- On what issue/question should the PC(USA) spend LESS energy and time?
- On what issue/question should the PC(USA) spend MORE energy and time?
- If you could have the PC(USA) focus on one passage of scripture for a entire year, what would it be?
- If the PC(USA) were an animal what would it be and why?
Extra Credit: Jesus shows up at General Assembly this year, what does he say to the Presbyterian Church (USA)?
TAGGED: Jim Bonewald, More Cows than People, Deeper in me than I, BJ Woodworth, Deep Gladness and one bonus: Serendipity. Also, feel free to self-tag and send me a trackback or a link and I’ll add you to the list.
OTHERS: Who have since played:
Carol Howard Merritt
Wild and Precious
Noelle @ NNPCW
Viola – Naming His Grace
(Please let me know if there are folks I have missed.)
Some good meme blogs/info:
- Google blog search for [presbymeme]
- The Daily Meme
- Quixtar Meme Definition
- Wikipedia on Internet Memes