Apparently the Ooze does not have standards – at least not high ones – because I am on some list of people that are being sent free books in the hopes that I review and blog about most of them. Of course all it took was a blog posting from the Adam Cleaveland, a technorati authority over 50 and a quick eMail to say, "Sure, I’ll read free books" and voila, I am one of 50 book-reading, blog-spewing narcissists. Hey I call ’em like I see ’em 😉 Did I mention these were free books?
While will never be as sweet of a reviewer as Mr. Copeland, See his most excellent review of Tony Jones’ New Christians, I will do my best to give you some reason to buy it now, wait until later or don’t bother.
I am about 3/4 of the way through the first book, Pete Gall’s reflective memoir, Beautiful Idol. Should be done with it in a few days and will post something next week.
I just received in the mail four more books and a CD. Not sure what
I’ll start next, probably the one with the coolest cover 😉 Yes, and
I also choose my wine by the attractiveness of the label. Sue me. My choices are from the following:
- Feel: The Power of Listening to Your Heart by Matthew Elliott
- Porn Nation: Conquering America’s #1 Addiction by Michael Leahy
- Hokey Pokey: Curious People Finding What Life’s All About by Matthew Paul Turner
- We the Purple by Marcia Ford
- Songs for a Revolution of Hope, Vol 1: Everything Must Change CD by Brian McClaren and The Restoration Project
So if you have any thoughts about what I should read next and/or have a great idea for a creative rating system for movies, books, ect. feel free to drop a note.