Well we did it. – Big ups to Ruach Retreat for the first post-broadcast posting. – The tester run of the online town hall that I had mentioned this past weekend was had yesterday with, what I would say, was a pretty positive outcome. Unfortunately, while I thought I had recorded most of the episode, it apparently did NOT save. I’ll take a look at it again before the next episode, but if anyone has some ideas, please let me know.
So to recap a bit for folks it went a little something like this:
- By around 10:15 folks were already beginning to login and join the chat room at the Moderator Musings Show site;
- 11:00 the broadcast and chatting began, I welcomed folks and explained the process and the format to be as follows:
- Intro of topics and rules
- TOPIC 1: Tech and Moderator communication
- TOPIC 2: Brief Moderator recap
- TOPIC 3: Q&A
- TOPIC 4: CoHost (If time allowed to hand the video to someone else to give 90 seconds of words to the church.)
- TOPIC 5: Prayers
- Concluding thoughts
- 11:20 realized that I did not hit the "Record" button
- I talked and tried to respond to questions both riffing off of the chatter as well as trying to stay focused on the questions at hand.
- 11:55’ish we began sharing prayers
- 11:58 ended the show
- 12:05 realized something was up with the recorded version, it was not playing.
What we learned/observations:
- I think we maxed at 50 or so folks watching at one point
- Having some kind of agenda was helpful even if we didn’t get to it all
- Questions in Bold are helpful
- Mixed reviews on the excess chatter
- Co-Moderator either needs to cut the chatter and/or track questions so they do not get lost
- Sounds was good and could generally hear and see well
- Need more lighting on me
- Helpful to actually log in so we can see a name
- Might be helpful to have a one page "easy steps" page for folks
- Many folks had it playing in the background, but didn’t chat
- Chatting was blocked by some firewalls
- The recorded version did in fact show up for some, but not for others AND was there one moment and then not the next. Hmmmmm.
Your feedback: I would love to get some feedback from you all as we plan this next one
- How were the technological aspects for you: signing on, speed, clarity, etc.?
- What would be the best time, days, occurrences for you?
- What might be some good topics on which I should try and focus?
- Anything else that was helpful/positive?
- How could this be improved?
Please stay tuned for the next Town Hall and in the mean time feel free to head on over to the show, register as a user to and follow the show to make sure you get updates.