UPDATE 05.04.10 – PNS Update on Nashville Flooding.
There are just some days where the world’s pain and destruction seems overwhelming. We read the papers, watch the news or sit with people to talk about life, we know that there is so much that we simply need to offer to God in prayer and trust that God’s reality is unfolding even in the midst of it all.
One of the reasons that I embrace being part of a denomination is that I do not have to personally know every single issue, disaster, etc. that is taking place in the world, but can do my part and trust that someone in our church is doing the same in other areas of the world and life.
A great many things weigh on a great many people’s hearts this day so if you would like to leave a prayer here – for healing or of blessings – for others to see and lift up along side of you please do.
Lord here our prayer . . .
- For all of those in TN that have been impacted by this week’s floods, in particular Harpeth Presbyterian Church (pictured)
- For your creation and the recent Guld Coast oil spill.
- For churches and pastors in transitions of call.
- For those celebrating new life in relationships, children, employment and faith.
- For all who are suffering in mind and body this day especially a friend of mine who will be having a “radical bilateral mastectomy” this week.
- For folks serving in rural and small churches and the particular gifts and struggles that impact their ministries.
- For . . .
Please leave any and all prayers here if you feel so called and may the peace of our Lord, Jesus the Christ, be with you. – Bruce