While some choose to give something up for lent, as I did in 2013, in 2014 I will again take on a discipline. This year, because my prayer life has been less than spectacular as of late, I am going to offer a daily prayers for Lent (whatever hits me each morning) along with a video or some other resource. I have also listed a few more at the end of this post.
God, sometimes whining feels good
Let my whining be cathartic
Let my whining be playful
Let my whining be an expression of thanks
Let not my whining become a judgement upon others
Let not my whining become my life
And for those not familiar with Nerdcore, here’s a little First World Problems from MC Frontalot.
Other Daily Lenten Disciplines.
- Daily reflections from D365.org
- Lenten Reflections from Rachel Stacy
- Lenten Reflections from Monte McClain
- Lenten Journal from Milton Brasher-Cunningham
- 40 Ideas for Keeping a Holy Lent from Nadia Bolz-Weber
- Daily Lenten Reflections from Water from Rock
- Alyce Morgan’s 2012 Lenten Reflection, that she is using in 2014
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Seventh Avenue Presbyterian Church, San Francisco
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Mercy Community Church in Atlanta
If you know others to leave a comment here or on my FB Status.