While some choose to give something up for lent, as I did in 2013, in 2014 I will again take on a discipline. This year, because my prayer life has been less than spectacular as of late, I am going to offer a daily prayers for Lent (whatever hits me each morning) along with a video or some other resource. I have also listed a few more at the end of this post.
Go — and now go faster
Try — and now try harder
Do — and now do more
During times of physical, emotional and logistical overload, God, let me know when to rest.
However — wherever — whenever
And if you need a little music to get you started, here is one from one of my brass playing heroes (I played trumpet for 1o years), Chuck Mangione and Feels So Good.
Other Daily Lenten Disciplines.
- Daily reflections from D365.org
- Lenten Reflections from Rachel Stacy
- Lenten Reflections from Monte McClain
- Lenten Journal from Milton Brasher-Cunningham
- 40 Ideas for Keeping a Holy Lent from Nadia Bolz-Weber
- Daily Lenten Reflections from Water from Rock
- Alyce Morgan’s 2012 Lenten Reflection, that she is using in 2014
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Seventh Avenue Presbyterian Church, San Francisco
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Mercy Community Church in Atlanta
If you know others to leave a comment here or on my FB Status.