While some choose to give something up for lent, as I did in 2013, in 2014 I will again take on a discipline. This year, because my prayer life has been less than spectacular as of late, during this season I am offering 40 prayers for Lent (about whatever hits me each morning) along with a video or some other resource. All prayers can be found [here] and few more Lenten resources at the end of this post.
God, I want to be hopeful
about the future
about my life
about the world
For the times when despair is near, but hope seems distant
grant me faith
For times when hope is made real
grant me gratitude
Yes, advertisement meant to pull the heart strings, check out these “Wholesome” clips from Honeymaid.
The commercial . . .
And the the response . . .
Other Daily Lenten Disciplines…
- Daily reflections from D365.org
- Lenten Reflections from Rachel Stacy
- Lenten Reflections from Monte McClain
- Lenten Journal from Milton Brasher-Cunningham
- 40 Ideas for Keeping a Holy Lent from Nadia Bolz-Weber
- Daily Lenten Reflections from Water from Rock
- Alyce Morgan’s 2012 Lenten Reflection, that she is using in 2014
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Seventh Avenue Presbyterian Church, San Francisco
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Mercy Community Church in Atlanta
- For a little fun, check out LentMadness.com (h/t: Joy)
If you know others to leave a comment here or on my FB Status.