LECTIONARY, YEAR B
January 21, 2018
If you’re stuck in your worship planning process, here are some prayers for your use.
I’m back! Obviously, I have not been keeping up. Sorry about that. I have not given up! A little tweak will be to offer a prayer or two each week that may be of help if you are in a bind. I am hoping that this will be more doable. We shall see and thanks for hangout out a bit.
Too often, God, we become distracted from your intentions for our lives. We become unable to draw ourselves away from our pursuit of wealth, comfort, and security and we only create more scarcity, anxiety, and vulnerability. When we hear voices that try to remind us of your hopes for us and for the world, forgive us when we turn away and ignore them. Forgive us when we ignore the warnings, and give us the courage and will to change our ways. AMEN.
Assurance of Pardon: Jonah
As individuals and communities, not only do we have the ability to hear God’s calling upon our lives, but in repentance, we also have the capacity to act and change our ways.
People of God, hear the good news that in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ you are forgiven and made new. AMEN.
Dedication of Offering: Jonah
God, let these offerings meet the needs of today as well as the needs of tomorrow. Our journey with you is both immediate and eternal and for the privilege that it is to serve you, we give you thanks. AMEN.
- Lectionary readings referenced from the Presbyterian Church (USA) and Vanderbilt Divinity Library
- TextWeek is another resource for great commentaries.
- re:Worship has even more prayers worship resources.
- If you care to support me in this weekly endeavor feel free to become a Patron on Patreon.
- I will attempt to post these on the Monday before each Sunday.
- If you need a benediction, please feel free to liberate mine.