As most of you know, I am seriously and unabashedly San Francisco-centric in my thinking. I will not apologize for loving my city . . . um, I mean God’s city. I could probably name off about 10 bazzilion-gillion reasons I love San Francisco, but these are just four that come to me right now . . .
- Weather // It is hardly ever below 50 or above 80. Wear layers you crazy tourists and you’ll be okay.
- People // Because of our pacific rim connection we have many shades of brown . . . looooooove it!
- Food // My eldest daughter’s favorite foods are Ethiopian and Indian. And we turn out some pretty decent Chinese food as well 😉
- Politics // I call it “The Bubble” in which we choose to live. A few examples:
- Our liberal democrat mayor was painted as the neo-nazi corporate sell-out in his last run against a legitimate Greenie;
- In SF we feel like conservatives because we do not think anarchy is a viable option;
- We are soon to be the first US city to ban plastic grocery bags;
- Parades and Festivals with naked people don’t cause a second look;
Again . . . so many more reasons, but those are mine for the day. If you are ever in town, we have a spare room and love to take folks on the tour of the city, each highlighted by a stop at one of my favorite cafe’s. Ya’ll come back now!