Last night MBCC was asked to be a site visit for a Presbyterian Church (USA) Congregational Transformation event that was being held in the area. There we about 45 pastor types from all over the country who are committed to congregational health and vitality. I rambled on for about an hour about pastoral leadership in the context of this wacky SF Urban locale, we ate some seriously good food from Lime Tree Restaurant and then we got our worship on lead by Tiffany. All in all a grand ole time.
To those who attended, it was a pleasure to welcome you to MBCC. I hope there was something that you heard, saw or experienced that might be helpful in your context. As I promised here are some links to some of the resources I mentioned.
- Yelp Review Site // This is the link to MBCC reviews
- My "Offices" // List of cafes I hang out in SF
- Bobo’s in Paradise by David Brooks //Book critical of the mbcc demographic
- The Rise of the Creative Class by Richard Florida // The flip side of the demographic
- Cities and the Creative Class by Richard Florida // Must read id you are in an urban context
- the Creativity Exchange // Blog on the Creative Class
- Presbymergent // Blog on Presbyterians and the Emergent Movement
- Myths of Postmodernity and the Emergent Church // Shameless plug for an article I wrote for the Presbyterian Outlook.
If you all have any more questions, please feel free to drop me a note anytime.