Now most of the time, I think I am a pretty nice person. My first inclination is to be hopeful, trusting and give the benefit of the doubt to everyone. But every once in a while I just get tired of people, institutions, work, life, the world . . . and if anyone says that they don’t feel the same way sometimes, they are big phat liar heads!
Yeah, yeah, yeah there are worse things going on in the world, so suck it up! I hear that voice in my head all the time, but I say no to that. And since my blog is "my house" I feel like I can complain to the world.
Some of my "inside voice" responses as of late . . .
- "What?!?!? Did you really believe that all Asians were quiet?"
- "And THAT is why your church is dying out!"
- "Really?!?!? You are wearing that?!?!?!"
- "You don’t REALLY believe that, do you?"
- "Pretending it is not there will not make it go away!"
- "They are friggin’ first-graders, chill!"
- "Are you five?"
- "Please stop talking, my ears are bleeding."
- "Just because you keep saying it, does not make it true."
- "You do know that I am a person too, right?"
- "I am NOT your mother."
- "Did you just say that?"
- "I really do want to stop being nice to you right now!"
- "I can’t believe we elected you!"
- "You are making me look like an IDIOT! You idiot!"
- "Okay, now that is just ugly."
Okay I feel much better. As I think back to each of these responses, every single dingle one of these situations is not that big of a deal and probably says more about my own personal state of mind than the other person. At the same time, maybe sometimes people are just meanie heads and God’s gift is the filter that gives us the power to control our responses.
And of course as I whine complain and generally act ungrateful for the very breath I breathe, we get these pics and all is well again!