This trip to the Kansas City area was weird. Unlike my last trip and most that are coming up, I was based in one place and there was a good deal of down time. I had significant time to be on my own, to take some time to rest and even sleep a full night. Rough I know.
Still, the trip reminded me of a few things:
- I like hanging with my family. I thought about all these place to go, but then realized that it would be more fun with the crew. When I am back in SF, I hang at coffee shops to get outside of the rest of my life, but where the rest of my life is absent, it is just not the same.
- With more time does not come more efficiency. Like I said, I had these blocks of time, didn’t really get anything done. Yeah, I know one does not NEED to be efficient all the time, but it would be nice to know that I got a few things done with some of the extra time. I am not on vacation for gosh sakes. With me, I am either on vacation and or working. Limbo, this was.
- Talking about life, faith, culture and church give me energy. Some great people here in the Kansas City area. I think I would like to come back when all that white stuff is gone, snow that is. You can see more about the conversations here, Reflections from the Heartland.
- I totally want to come back here when it is not snowing and I can catch a Royals game.
In the mean time, here are the things I have Yelped about while here, because when all else fails, you can call for Yelp 😉
- Heartland Center
- Magazines and Coffee
- Caribou Coffee
- Homer’s Coffee House
- Southminster Presbyterian Church
- First Presbyterian Church of Liberty
- Parkville Presbyterian Church
- The Power Plant Restaurant
- Central Presbyterian Church
- Lucky Brewgrille
- Village Presbyterian Church
- Dos Reales Restaurant
- Gates BBQ