Some DORK actually developed a meme specifically for Presbyterian
Church (USA) folks. So, only to not crush his geeky little ego, I
guess I’ll participate.
The rules are pretty basic
- in about 25 words each, answer the following five questions;
- tag five presbyterian bloggers and send them a note to let them know they were tagged;
- be sure to link or send a trackback to this post;
- What is your earliest memory of being distinctly Presbyterian?
It was in college during an ecumenical worship service where we celebrated communion. This was back in the day when we were the designated "sit and be served" crowd. Everyone one else moved towards the cup and we sat.
- On what issue/question should the PC(USA) spend LESS energy and time?
I think we should spend less time blaming and demonizing the "other side" for the struggles of the denomination. I think it distracts us from the real deal.
- On what issue/question should the PC(USA) spend MORE energy and time?
We have largely ignored the impact and opportunities that the greater culture shifts present for the PC(USA). If we can be self reflective and understand how much we must change the way we do and are church, hope and optimism might break out everywhere!
- If you could have the PC(USA) focus on one passage of scripture for a entire year, what would it be?
1 Corinthians 9:19-23 19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20
To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the
law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the
law), so as to win those under the law. 21
To those not having the law I became like one not having the law
(though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as
to win those not having the law. 22 To
the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to
all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
- If the PC(USA) were an animal what would it be and why?
Bull in a china shop – Well-meaning, but sometimes a little clumsy.
Extra Credit: Jesus shows up at General Assembly this year, what does he say to the Presbyterian Church (USA)?
Waddup? Come and follow Mii!
Is it really fair that I tag the MBCC Staff? – They can always tell be to bug off. As usual. Leslie, Abby and Tiffany. Nick, you are welcome to drop the DOC for a moment and play if you wish 😉 and number five will be past intern, Derrick.