Welcome to the "Bulletin" for Tworship, a weekly gathering of the Body of Christ on Twitter. Each week folks who twitter will spend all day offering up musings, prayers and other Spirit-filled tweets to the Body of Christ as we worship God 140 characters at a time. For the more info and background see the original invitation post.
While this virtual service will always be in flux, each week I'll post some kind of theme and helpful tips for our time together over on TWUBS event and tweetup section.
Where do we Tworship?
- TWUBS – This is where I'll post the weekly theme, "liturgists" and other info. This is also where you can find others who have committed to being part of the Tworshipping community. Feel free to join this group to stay up-to-date.
- #tworship – You can follow the hashtag on Twitter. This will include anyone in the twitterverse who uses the hashttag.
What time and how does Tworship begin and end?
- Tworship begins at 9:00am EST and ends at 9:00pm PST
- It will begin with a #calltoworship and end with a #chargeandbenediction. These will be assigned to folks through the year as a way to begin and end our time together.
When tweeting . . .
- Please try to focus your tweets around the weekly theme. This will obviously not always be possible, but when offering scripture and reflections this will help to bring some coherence to our time.
- ALWAYS USE #tworship somewhere in your tweet if you want to be included in the searches.
- Of course there are no hard and fast rules, but it might be helpful to mark your tweets with the way you hope for it to be received. Using hashtags with your tweets also makes it possible that others may discover our community.
Here are a few that might be of use.
- #calltoworship – see above
- #hymn #song
- #forgiveness #pardon #affirmation
- #prayers #prayer
- #scripture #reading #word
- #chargeandbenediction – see above
Again, other than using #tworship, there are no expectations that everyone use these hashtags. I'll update this list as we discover more.
What to help?
- If you want to be a "liturgist" or have a theme suggestion, please let me know and I'll let you know. I do not want to this to be any kind of burden, so do not feel compelled to take leadership. Simple offer your tweets to the community!
- Please Retweet and respond to others tweets when the Spirit moves ya. Interaction will be key to this community developing a sense of wholeness.
I think that's it. If you have any questions or thoughts, please feel free to let me know, by replying to @breyeschow.