For the past couple of years I have served on the board of directors of California Faith for Equality, a faith-based group focused on achieving marriage equality in California. While it has been a bit of a bumpy ride, I am grateful for the board and the direction we will now be taking. Soon CFA will become part of California Faith Action, another Faith-based group working on broader issues of justice and inclusion.
With this chance, CFA is now in the position to hire a new Managing Director. Below is quick summary.
To educate, support and mobilize California’s faith communities around a variety of equality issues as they relate to the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community, including marriage equality, FAIR education, employment discrimination and healthcare. CFE is in the process of becoming an operating unit of California Faith Action (CFA).
The Managing Director will oversee the operations and programs of California Faith for Equality (CFE), which has operated since 2006, first under the auspices of other organizations and then as a stand alone nonprofit. CFE is in the midst of a merger of operations with California Faith Action, a new state-wide multi-faith 501(c)(3) organization which provides leadership, education and mobilization to leaders of various faith traditions around a variety of progressive issues in California, including governmental reform. The Managing Director will report to the Executive Director of California Faith Action under the operating procedures and action plans as set by the CFA Board of Directors and a CFE Advisory Board, and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
- As the merger comes to fruition, ensure positive and mutually supportive relationships between CFE and the CFA Executive Director, board and staff, in accordance with a mutually developed scope of work.
- Ensure fulfillment of major grant-funded obligations, particularly the scopes of work comprising the Haas Jr. Fund project and other major funded projects.
- Maintain consistent internal controls, including policies and procedures pertaining to communications, fiscal oversight, employees, subcontractors, grantors/donors, and government agencies.
- Assume supervisory responsibility for personnel, volunteers (coordinators and front line), and other staff as hired.
For a complete list of duties and qualifications, please DOWNLOAD THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION.
- Salary range is $55,000 – $75,000, commensurate with experience.
- Health benefits will be provided.
- The position will be based in Los Angeles, with occasional travel throughout the state.
- The deadline for applications is May 4, 2012, but the search will continue until the candidate is selected.
To apply, send a Cover Letter clearly explaining your appropriateness for this position, along with a Resume, to the Selection committee, California Faith For Equality, at: Employment@CaFaithForEquality.org
California Faith For Equality is an equal opportunity employer.