While some choose to give something up for lent, as I did in 2013, in 2014 I will again take on a discipline. This year, because my prayer life has been less than spectacular as of late, I am going to offer a daily prayer (whatever hits me each morning) along with a video or some other resource. I have also listed a few more at the end of this post.
Conflict, struggle and resentment reside in my Spirit
I tell myself…
Ignore it, it will just go away
Talking about it will make it worse
It’s easier to pretend everything is okay
God give me the courage to speak
Love this song from Cheryl Crow about the trappings of thing seeming “happy” on the face of it, but really — If it makes you happy, then why the hell are you so sad?
Other Daily Lenten Disciplines.
- Daily reflections from D365.org
- Lenten Reflections from Rachel Stacy
- Lenten Reflections from Monte McClain
- Lenten Journal from Milton Brasher-Cunningham
- 40 Ideas for Keeping a Holy Lent from Nadia Bolz-Weber
- Daily Lenten Reflections from Water from Rock
- Alyce Morgan’s 2012 Lenten Reflection, that she is using in 2014
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Seventh Avenue Presbyterian Church, San Francisco
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Mercy Community Church in Atlanta
If you know others to leave a comment here or on my FB Status.