While some choose to give something up for lent, as I did in 2013, in 2014 I will again take on a discipline. This year, because my prayer life has been less than spectacular as of late, I am going to offer a daily prayer (whatever hits me each morning) along with a video or some other resource. I have also listed a few more at the end of this post.
I give thanks to God for you
who make sure the mundane, but vital tasks get done
who joyfully serve without needing or expecting recognition
who do all the things that we never hear about
And now for a little old-school Boyz II Men and Thank You.
Other Daily Lenten Disciplines.
- Daily reflections from D365.org
- Lenten Reflections from Rachel Stacy
- Lenten Reflections from Monte McClain
- Lenten Journal from Milton Brasher-Cunningham
- 40 Ideas for Keeping a Holy Lent from Nadia Bolz-Weber
- Daily Lenten Reflections from Water from Rock
- Alyce Morgan’s 2012 Lenten Reflection, that she is using in 2014
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Seventh Avenue Presbyterian Church, San Francisco
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Mercy Community Church in Atlanta
If you know others to leave a comment here or on my FB Status.