While some choose to give something up for lent, as I did in 2013, in 2014 I will again take on a discipline. This year, because my prayer life has been less than spectacular as of late, I am going to offer a daily prayer (whatever hits me each morning) along with a video or some other resource. I have also listed a few more at the end of this post.
Sometimes I want to fix what I see as broken
I want to fix fear, sadness, naiveté
I want to fix people, systems, myself
God, remind me that some have no need to be fixed
Not many of us will go to this extreme, but this great Moth story begs the question, “Who are we trying to save when we are trying to save others?” I give you Taco Bell, Saving Souls and the Korean Jesus from Andy Kim.
Other Daily Lenten Disciplines.
- Daily reflections from D365.org
- Lenten Reflections from Rachel Stacy
- Lenten Reflections from Monte McClain
- Lenten Journal from Milton Brasher-Cunningham
- 40 Ideas for Keeping a Holy Lent from Nadia Bolz-Weber
- Daily Lenten Reflections from Water from Rock
- Alyce Morgan’s 2012 Lenten Reflection, that she is using in 2014
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Seventh Avenue Presbyterian Church, San Francisco
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Mercy Community Church in Atlanta
If you know others to leave a comment here or on my FB Status.