While some choose to give something up for lent, as I did in 2013, in 2014 I will again take on a discipline. This year, because my prayer life has been less than spectacular as of late, during this season I am going to offer 40 prayers for Lent (whatever hits me each morning) along with a video or some other resource. I have also listed a few more resources at the end of this post.
With my heart, mind, or actions
With intention, ignorance, or complicity
God, help me to own the ways I turn away from you
Help me to not explain away my sin
Help me to confess and to know forgiveness
Not literally about my confessions, but here is a classic “I’m sorry” song from Mr. Studdard.
Other Daily Lenten Disciplines.
- Daily reflections from D365.org
- Lenten Reflections from Rachel Stacy
- Lenten Reflections from Monte McClain
- Lenten Journal from Milton Brasher-Cunningham
- 40 Ideas for Keeping a Holy Lent from Nadia Bolz-Weber
- Daily Lenten Reflections from Water from Rock
- Alyce Morgan’s 2012 Lenten Reflection, that she is using in 2014
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Seventh Avenue Presbyterian Church, San Francisco
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Mercy Community Church in Atlanta
- For a little fun, check out LentMadness.com (h/t: Joy)
If you know others to leave a comment here or on my FB Status.