While some choose to give something up for lent, as I did in 2013, in 2014 I will again take on a discipline. This year, because my prayer life has been less than spectacular as of late, during this season I am offering 40 prayers for Lent (whatever hits me each morning) along with a video or some other resource. I have also listed a few more resources at the end of this post.
When I expect too little
When I demand too much
When I abandon in the name of independence
When I hover in the name of support
God, remind me always that youth are partners in building our common future
I’ve posted this one before, but it’s just so good. Some young women ask, “WTF?”
Other Daily Lenten Disciplines.
- Daily reflections from D365.org
- Lenten Reflections from Rachel Stacy
- Lenten Reflections from Monte McClain
- Lenten Journal from Milton Brasher-Cunningham
- 40 Ideas for Keeping a Holy Lent from Nadia Bolz-Weber
- Daily Lenten Reflections from Water from Rock
- Alyce Morgan’s 2012 Lenten Reflection, that she is using in 2014
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Seventh Avenue Presbyterian Church, San Francisco
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Mercy Community Church in Atlanta
- For a little fun, check out LentMadness.com (h/t: Joy)
If you know others to leave a comment here or on my FB Status.