While some choose to give something up for lent, as I did in 2013, in 2014 I will again take on a discipline. This year, because my prayer life has been less than spectacular as of late, during this season I am offering 40 prayers for Lent (about whatever hits me each morning) along with a video or some other resource. All prayers can be found [here] and few more Lenten resources at the end of this post.
God, allow the loyalty I have towards You be lived through my loyalty to others
Loyal to friends
Loyal to family
Loyal to causes
Loyal to community
And when my loyalty is tested, give me wisdom, patience and courage.
You had to know this was coming . . .
Other Daily Lenten Disciplines…
- Daily reflections from D365.org
- Lenten Reflections from Rachel Stacy
- Lenten Reflections from Monte McClain
- Lenten Journal from Milton Brasher-Cunningham
- 40 Ideas for Keeping a Holy Lent from Nadia Bolz-Weber
- Daily Lenten Reflections from Water from Rock
- Alyce Morgan’s 2012 Lenten Reflection, that she is using in 2014
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Seventh Avenue Presbyterian Church, San Francisco
- PDF Lenten Devotional from Mercy Community Church in Atlanta
- For a little fun, check out LentMadness.com (h/t: Joy)
If you know others to leave a comment here or on my FB Status.